A balloon valvuloplasty is a technique that is usually incorporated in the case of stenosis heart valve diseases. It is done to open a heart valve that is unusually obstructed or narrow. This procedure of valvuloplasty in India or anywhere around the world is also termed as valve dilation or a balloon valvotomy. The heart valves can be compared to doors that regulate the blood flow to move forward among the upper and lower chambers of the heart, as well as it’s also responsible for directing the flow out of the heart to the entire body. In nutshell, the valves prevent blood flow from moving backward.
One of the eminent surgeons performing balloon aortic valvuloplasty in India elucidates following possible risks associated with the valvuloplasty:
• Bleeding at the catheter insertion site.
• Damage in the blood vessel leading to a blood clot at the insertion site.
• Infection at the catheter insertion site due to abnormal heart rhythms.
• Heart stroke.
• Disruption of the valve, requiring open-heart surgery.
The best heart doctor in gurugram further mentions a few possible complications:
Pulmonary valve dilations
After surgical valvuloplasty, sometimes it may happen that the pulmonary valve begins to leak; this situation is called valve incompetence. Often it is moderate in nature; majorly it happens because parts of the valve are stuck together, nevertheless, they respond well to dilation. However, certain valves do not get better with the procedure and may need further surgery.
Aortic valve dilations
Yet another complication is related to the aortic valve, whose primary function is to carry out the flow of blood from the heart to the aorta and then supplies to the entire body. When aortic valve contracts too much, the pressure in the heart has to work too hard to pump blood as the pressure in the heart surges. But in case, if the valve is expanded to get rid of all the narrowing, it ought to leakage. Therefore, the aortic valve replacement surgeon’s goal is to make the narrowing in the aortic valve just wide enough to minimize the pressure in the heart which it can sustain safely, without causing a significant leak.
Other possible complications that are often assumed in patients who have undergone mitral valve surgery or valvuloplasty are summed up by the top 10 cardiologists in gurugram are:
• The risk of radiation exposure: Though radiation utilized during a valvuloplasty procedure is very minimal and therefore it reduced the risk of radiation exposure.
• In the case of pregnant women, or if you are suspected to be pregnant, you should immediately inform your physician to prevent the risk of injury to the fetus from a valvuloplasty. Moreover, Radiation exposure during pregnancy may lead to birth defects.
• The risk for an allergic reaction: The patients who are allergic or have a weak immune system or are sensitive to certain medications should notify their physician on a prior basis. Also, patients suffering from kidney failure should inform about the same to their respective doctor before operation.
• In some cases, having to lie still on the procedure table for the course of the time of the procedure may cause some discomfort or pain
• There may be other sorts of risks depending upon a patient’s medical history or some particular medical condition. Make sure to inform all your concerns with your physician prior to the procedure.