The consumption of a balanced and nutritious diet is extremely important for giving strength to various different organs of our body. Food not only gives us the energy to perform daily physical activities but also increases our immunity and helps us to fight various diseases. It is very essential to know that the food we eat has a direct impact on the health of various different organs in our body including our heart. Heart diseases of various types have become quite prevalent nowadays and these are considered to be one of the major cause of death in today's world. As per the best cardiologist in India, obese and diabetic people are more prone to develop heart problems as compared to normal people. There is a close relationship between diabetes and heart diseases of various kinds. As such it has become very important to maintain a healthy body mass index and fight obesity and keep your diabetes under control in order to promote the health of your heart. Even the best heart specialist in Gurgaon lays stress on maintaining a proper diet chart so as to make sure that you are eating healthy and that the body is receiving all the necessary nutrients.
People suffering from diabetes are already restricted from eating certain food products especially those containing high contents of sugar. This also means that diabetic people cannot consume certain fruits and vegetables as well. The patient also has to abstain from consuming Junk food, aerated drinks, packed food, red meat, alcohol etc. There are certain foods which are highly recommended by the best heart specialist in Gurgaon, who is also listed amongst the best cardiologists in India, especially if you have diabetes. These include the following:
• Green leafy vegetables as these do not contain any starch and help to prevent type 2 diabetes by reducing its chances by 14 per cent.
• Whole grains are also very beneficial as these slow down the digestion of carbohydrates which in turn minimises the requirement of insulin in the body.
• The lean protein that can be found in chicken, fish and beans also helps to keep your blood sugar levels under control.
• Unsaturated or healthy fats also help to keep your diabetes under control and also strengthen your heart. These include olive oil, nuts, avocado etc.
• Vegetables like bitter gourd, bottle gourd, cucumber etc should be consumed as much as possible.
• Neem and bitter gourd juice are believed to be one of the best home remedies to keep your diabetes under control. Although the taste might not be as good, however, it surely has plenty of benefits. You can also add lemon to the drink.
It might seem to be a little difficult at first but gradually you will adapt to the new food habits and notice positive changes eventually.